Monday, November 1, 2010

And I don't know why I feel so lucky- but I do.

It's November!!! That's crazy!

Just to get anyone who is reading this (my mom) up to date, I thought I'd write a new post.

Since my last post...a lot of really cool things have happened!

The first thing I want to mention is the It Gets Better Project. Justw...wow. It was created mainly as an effort to encourage members of the LGBT community (more specifically: the youth) to look foward to their futures even though it might be hard right now, as an openly gay person. However, it is not just for people who are homosexual. The idea of "it gets better" pertains to anyone who is feeling like they are not worth anything or just have trouble living from day to day. You just need to take your life one step at a time, talk to people, get help, and eventully....it'll all get better. What ever "it" is. It will. This project is so special to me because a lot of the Broadway community participated in it and made incredibly inspiring videos to help reach out. People who I have met personally and have helped me, are not reaching out to the world...and that is truely an awesome thing.

http://www.itgetsbetterproject.com/

Another SUPER AWESOME thing would be my internship with Scott Alan. I still cannnot even believe I got this opportunity! There is not really a concrete job description- I'm an intern...so I basically do whatever he asks to me, haha! His new CD literally JUST came out the first day I worked. So my first task was to go to stage doors and deliever them to people who sing on it! I was like, "Ummmm....THIS is what I get to do????". It was so fun. I'm sure it will get more difficult and there will be a lot of huge responsibilites, but I am excited beyond belief! I met so many amazingly talented people the first day- it was so overwhelming and....freakin cool! I can't wait to see what is in store! Scott is working on a CD release party right now, so that will be the first fun event I get to tackle (I'll be the stage manager). I'm stoked and beyond grateful!!

Well, those are basically the two things I wanted to talk about, haha.
I can't complain about life right now!

School is going well! The first semester is already half way over! Time is flying! Guess that means I'm having fun, right? Right!

Stay tuned? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment